Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

When is AGL going to install bluetooth meter?

kim
Switched-on

Bluetooth meters for Gas and Electricity is the the way to go so that meter reader staff do not need to enter the property. Just stand on the foot path and download the reading. Adelaide electricity and gas meter are out of date. The state is well behind other state when come to implementation new technology so how fast away are we to get this technology in place???

kim

2 REPLIES 2

Re: When is AGL going to install bluetooth meter?

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @kim. Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. 

AGL is already in the process of installing digital electricity meters in South Australia, New South Wales and Queensland, you can find a great article here. If you are an AGL customer you might have already received notification if your meter is eligible for exchange, if not we suggest that you give us a call on 1300 669 245, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm for more info. 

In regards to digital gas metering, this is something that AGL is looking into - watch this space!

Thanks

Re: When is AGL going to install bluetooth meter?

Powerhouse

Wow, this is interesting news, gas wise, I'm glad someone broached this subject. It'd pretty clear AGL seem to lead the field with free digital meters for electricity and now the Virtual Power Plant which I am now awaiting on my install in January, I guess I love new technology.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.