Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Trying to get special meter reading

Semiconductor

I arranged to change to my accounts to Origin in mid-May 2018. AGL then offered me a much better deal so I decided I wanted to stay with AGL. My electricity account was retained by AGL but my gas account was taken by Origin (my last AGL gas bill was dated 4 June 2018.I tried to stop this transfer. I have been trying to get a SPECIAL METER READING to enable a quick return to AGL since 5 June 2018. I have rung AGL many times (including today - again! - 22 July 2018) to arrange a Special Meter Read to enable this. Whenever I have rung I have been told it's all OK and the Special Meter Reading is all arranged, only to be sent a text message days later which says that it has not been possible to get a Special Meter Read due to "system issues" and it isn't possible until my next meter read. What are the "system issues"? Damned if I know, and no-one at AGL Resolution Centre has been able to enlighten me either. As of today's phone call to AGL I have again been told that they will try to arrange a Special Meter Read for Thursday 26 July 2018.

Something I don't understand is getting in the way of my wish to be an AGL gas customer and no-one - and I mean NO-ONE is able to tell me where the problem lies or what I am able to do to fix it.

This is very, very frustrating.

I look forward to a clear answer!

Thanking you in anticipation.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Trying to get special meter reading

AGL Moderator

Hi FSA,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

It's very disappointing to know that our customer service team(s) have not been able to provide you with a more specific answer to your enquiries thus far, so I'd like to offer an apology for this poor experience. Concerning your meter reading, this is a difficult question to answer without taking a look at your account specifically. However there are some cases where only the billing retailer is able to arrange a special meter reading for a meter, which would explain why our attempts to have the meter read specially are getting knocked back.

If you'd like us to take a closer look at your account, please send me a private message with your account details!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Re: Trying to get special meter reading (The AGL Community Subscription Update)

Hello Jayden
Thanks for your reply.
First, let me state that your AGL support/resolutions people were all as helpful as they could be. Each tried and appeared to be successful in helping me. Then, a few days later, I’d receive a text message from AGL stating my request was unable to be fulfilled due to a ‘system issue’ and no other information.
I would be very happy if you would reply to me about this.
I obviously don’t want my personal details appearing on an open community forum so would ask you for a more private AGL email contact address to continue this discussion on.
Thanks & regards,
FSA
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hello Jayden

I had no sooner posted the last message that yet another message arrived from AGL:- "Hi, we are unable to complete your gas connection. Please call AGL on etc., etc., "

I want to know WHY and what, if anything, I can do about it.

Do I need to contact Origin or Jemena, for instance? If so, to whom do I speak, etc.?

Very frustrating and not good.

I really do want information now!

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi FSA,

Please send me a private message with your account details and we'll be happy to help wherever we can. Please note that the contents of any messages will not be publicly available.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi Jayden

I sent an email to AGL yesterday but, as I had not received a reply, I posted on the community message board. You replied to the message board almost immediately.

I will now send an email message with details

Regards

Felicity