Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Time taken to change meter

jrg
Switched-on

I have had Solar panels installed for 5 weeks now, and have just been told by AGL that it will take another 3 weeks before my meter is changed. That means for 2 months I have to pay the full price for electricity, while the solar panels are sitting uselessly on top of my roof. Not Fair or Right!  AGL is quick to get someone out here if they think they are losing out, but don't feel the same when the opposite is happening!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Time taken to change meter

Switched-on

I'm also new to AGL, having increased my Solar collection system from 10kw to 30kw at great investment. I have been trying to get my account confirmed for 5 weeks now, with a multitude of excuses & differing stories as to how long it will take. Now I'm told to get the metering upgraded, I'll have to wait another month.

I'm sharing your frustration at a company that was pretty quick to grab my application form, but seems to be offering very little in return.  I've moved Energy suppliers before & not struck this before.

I've had 2 of their "Friendly" customer service people promise a call back to find out why..... heard nothin.

God bless AGL & their record profits.

Switched-on

Don't hold your breath. Took 12 weeks for me and the new digital meter was installed. Installed 6.6kW of solar panels calculated to take care of most of our power requirements based on looking at 5 years of usage however the bills coming in have been $100 more per quarter than without the solar panels. Not happy and AGL's answer is that everyone is very surprised at the higher usage but it's just that the new digital meters measure the usage more accurately. Can't see how usage goes from 30kW/day pre-solar panels, we now generate 30kW/day with solar but are still using 33kW/day after taking off the solar input!

jrg
Switched-on

What an absolute rip off. That's why they need to change the meter...so your bill won't drop! I would be contacting the ombudsman for that! I will wait, wait, wait & see what happens with mine. If I am not happy with it I will become a serial pest to them. Now I've retired I have the time, and maybe get my moneys worth that way.