Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Surplus Power Redirected to HWS by CatchPower metered as being drawn from Grid

Conductor

I had my Controlled Load meter removed and a new smart meter and CatchPower unit installed March 2018 to complement my solar system and Alpha battery storage system, The aim of the CatchPower unit being to divert all surplus power to the HWS after the battery storage system is fully recharged and only draw power from the grid (if necessary) at night time using the off-peak 'time of use' rates.

However, following receipt of my latest bill and comparing data from the battery storage management system (BMS) and AGL data, it appears that all of the redirected power to the HWS has been captured by the AGL smart meter (EDMI Atlas Mk7C) as being drawn from the grid. As the surplus power is being redirected during the day, this is then being billed at the peak / shoulder rates. I should add that for some inexplicable reason, whilst obviously the HWS power consumption was not previously being captured by the BMS being on a separate meter, it is still not being captured despite now being on the same meter.

It would therefore appear that the new smart meter and/or CatchPower unit has been installed incorrectly. but I have had no luck at this stage at identifying the issue. Any assistance would be appreciated.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Surplus Power Redirected to HWS by CatchPower metered as being drawn from Grid

Conductor

This matter has been ignored by AGL and, as a result, is now in the hands of the Ombudsman.