Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Squeaky gas meter

Rookie

Let me start by saying there is no gas smell and my gas appliances all seems to be functioning well.  I noticed though while I was outside  that I noticed a loud squeaking sound and it was coming from the gas meter - kind of like when you twist something and a squeak happens on a particular part of the twist - stops - then starts again, repeats.  Or like when a kid is swinging on a swing and you get that squeak as the swing goes up every time. My ducted heating was on at the time and taking gas.  I’m assuming this is a normal sound for an old metric gas meter but would just like some reassurance - I hadn’t noticed it before.

Thanks!

1 REPLY

Re: Squeaky gas meter

Hi Mcat,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

More often than not, a squeaky meter is absolutely harmless. However, both AGL and your gas distributor do like to err on the side of caution in these cases to ensure that your household is safe, and that this minor fault is not going to have any impact on your bills. With this is mind, we'll ask you to get in touch with our customer service team (by web chat or by calling 131 245) who'll be happy to arrange for a technician to attend your property and check the meter out, totally free of charge!

Cheers,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.