Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Solar net meter installation - time frame

Newcomer

Hi

This is regarding the new solar net meter exchange for my property. I have installed the solar panel on 13 Nov 2018 and put in a request for the meter exchange same day itself and  was given 4 business weeks to complete the exchange, so I called last week (26/11/2018) to know about the progress they said it is schedule for that week so will happen at any time. But did not happen so I called today( 03/12/2018) they said it will happen any time within 30 business days after my call was escalated to the complaints department.

My concern when I put in the request why AGL gave me 4 business week time frame and when I called again they gave me totally mis information (scheduled for last week) and then on escalation they are now saying 30 business days from the date of request

So wondering how long will take now from here? Is there any chance can it be done before christmas break?

3 REPLIES

Re: Solar net meter installation - time frame

AGL Moderator

Hi rpillai,

I'm sorry to hear that these time frames have been pushed back so many times.

If you can send me a private message with your AGL account number and email address, I'll be happy to follow up on this for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Newcomer

Hi Jaydeny

This is to let you know that the meter has been replaced (exchanged to smart meter) yesterday by activestream please see below. But when i tried to change my current plan to solar saver, the website wont let me change the plan. Can you please let me know how to do that? i.e the procedure to convert from savers plan to solar saver plan just the electricity plan? When I called the helpdesk they said my account needs to be first convert into solar enabled account.IMG_4269_LI (2).jpg

AGL Moderator

Hi rpillai,

It's great to hear that your meter has been upgraded.

After your meter is physically upgraded, it takes approximately 1 week to make further changes in our system to accommodate for your new meter. Once this has been completed you will be able to change to the Solar Savers plan.

Kind regards,

Jayden 

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.