Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Solar meter upgrade

Newcomer

I’m just wondering how long we have to wait for our meter to be upgraded for solar? Been waiting since 22nd Dec.

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Solar meter upgrade

AGL Moderator

Hey Benita,

Thank you for your post!

These delays in meter upgrades are being felt by customers all around the country I'm sorry to say. If you'd like to follow up on your upgrade, you'll be best served getting in touch with our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Newcomer

Thanks for your reply Jayden.  I have rang this number many times and can not seem to get any answers from the people I have spoken to.  I last spoke to someone Tues 13th March and was promised I would be rang back that day to advise when meter upgrade would occur.  Still waiting......It seems to me if you are aware that there a such delays why would you notify the customer it will be completed within 10 business days??? As was stated in the text message I received from AGL in December 2017.  I would like to think someone would perhaps look into changing the processes surrounding the installation of these meters as unfortunately no one knows what is going on.

AGL Moderator

Thanks for getting back to me, Benita!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been unable to get little, if any satisfaction through our Digital Metering team. If you can send me a private message including your AGL account details, I'll be happy to follow up on this for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Newcomer

have been waiting 6 months now for AGL to change over meter to solar suitable meter and been told not to turn on solar meter to utilise solar power and threatened with $20,000 fine . 6 months later AGL have done nothing after multiple emails and calls , every call starts the same oh sorry you need to talk to a different department , we need to escalate your request . Have gone to the ombudsman and turns out there are 100's more AGL customers being told they cant utilise the benefits of their solar until AGL install the meter even though they dont even have the meters !!!!!

Appalling in this time when governments are urging greener and more efficient energy usage  that a company can so blatantly use delay tactics and provide zero customer service and instead threaten clients 

Newcomer

Hi,

I have been waiting for the meter upgrade for nearly one year, is it really happening or was it just a rouse to keep me as a customer?

AGL Moderator

Hi justjimmy,

This is a very long time to be waiting for a meter upgrade. It'd be great if you could send me a private message with your AGL account number and email address so that I can follow up on this for you.

Cheers,

Jayden

Newcomer

Hi Jayden,

How do I send a private message?

AGL Moderator

Hi justjimmy,

My apologies!

If you click my username (jaydeny) you'll be taken to my profile page where you'll be presented with a button that says 'Send a Message'.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Supporter

I'm sorry to say it, but don't hold your breath.

My solar system has sat idle since September because AGL can't or won't install a solar meter.

I have been 'working with' AGL to resolve this issue since September, and am now acting through the Ombudsman.

There has been an awe inspiring lack of honesty, capacity or integrity from AGL - I can't tell which.

Here's what I can tell you;

AGL seems to be contracting out the meter installations to one of it's subsidiaries. This company jn turn appears to be contracting to a Philippines based company, who appear to 'manage' sub-contractors here in Adelaide... By email... When you question how contractors can be effectively managed by email from another country, you are called a racist. Yes, AGL complaints were really willing to go that low.. 

The sad bit js that this isn't the worst of it.  When not blaming you, they each blame the other.

It all plays out like an an Abbot and Costello movie;

You get a text message, asking if you want to have the meter installed.

The contractor (usually) arrives, goes to your door and knocks.

You can't answer, because you are at work and don't know they are coming (what were you thinking!)

repeat.

No amount of added messages for contractors to ring and confirm a time will alter the cycle.

repeat.

Contacting the AGL complaints department fails. On 8th Nov., they made an installation appointment for 30th Nov. at my house. I take the day off and wait. No-one attends.

repeat.

Every conversation you have with AGL or contractors - e attempt to make progress - begins with 'so.. our contractor was at your door, rang you and you didn't respond'..  This is followed by me pointing out that I have security footage and phone records showing no such call..

Seriously, it shouldn't have to be like this.

At this stage, I have no answer and no meter. It's been months, and it's likely to be months more.

I am not a serial whinger. In fact this is the first time I have complained like this. However, I am sick of being told by AGL staff that this situation is my fault. 

I don't think AGL has capacity to control their contractors and given there are so many options for blame, I don't think there is a lot of corporate care about that.

Seriously AGL, what is your corporate responsibility to your customers?