Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Smart meter not updating data

Superconductor

My Smart Meter, EDMI Atlas Mk 7A Serial # 700057157, has ceased to scroll when I press the scroll button.

It only seems to display the time and refuses to scroll through power used and export etc.

I normally check this once a week and noticed the scroll function not working last week.

I have spoken to AGL and had advise to contact SA Power Network.

After speaking to SA Power Network I have been advised that this is AGL's responsibility.

Can I have someone from AGL to have a meter inspection to ascertain whether the meter is faulty, needs to be replaced, or reset by some method.

Regards

Tricky

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Smart meter not updating data

AGL Moderator

Hi Tricky,

Thank you for your post!

To reiterate, SA Power Networks are not able to assist our customers with issues relating to EDMI meters so I'm sorry that you've been offered this poor advice. Your best point of contact will be our Digital Metering team who can be reached on 1300 669 245 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5.30pm AEST). 

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Superconductor

OK, so after finally AGL admitting that my smart meter not scrolling and showing power consumed and exported is an AGL problem and promising to investigate, no such thing has happened.

My quarterly bill has since arrived and has been paid promptly by myself.

The bill I have just received is an estimated bill, which stands to reason, as the meter is obviously not reading or transmitting to the meter reader.

I wait patiently for someone from the AGL Digital Metering Team to call and arrange a mutual time to have access to the meter and resolve this situation.

I know that this is a small problem in the big scheme of things, but to me it is important and I wait for some action.

Regards and best wishes

Tricky

Superconductor

Solved.

Meter now updating and can be read by me.

Regards

Tricky

AGL Moderator

Hey Tricky,

Thank you for letting us know!

It's great to hear that this has now been resolved for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

my smart meter is not working  I had 76cents rebate for 90 days  who do I get to check it please???