Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Smart meter installed when AGL was told not to

Switched-on

I would like to know why a smart meter was installed after I gave sufficient explicit notice to AGL to not install the meter?

I phoned AGL on Saturday to find out that my request to decline the upgrade was received, reviewed, and approved. But yet the contractor was never notified to cancel the servicing at my address.

Next step (battle) will be to get the smart meter removed and reverted back to an equivalent of what I had (since the original will be long gone by now).

I find it completely unacceptable that my property has been vandalised by AGL.

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Smart meter installed when AGL was told not to

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Chad

Sorry to hear about this issue. Can you please send a private message to myself with your account details (account number, address and account holder's name) and I will investigate as to what occured. 

Link for private message. 

Thanks! 

Highlighted

Switched-on

It's underway now, but it's crazy that it is going to take 20 business days just to have the case reviewed!

WTH?!

Given that this is 100% AGL's fault, it should be dealt with as a priority matter. Someone at AGL needs to get on the phone and start asking questions to get this sorted ASAP!

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Chad

I have replied to your private message. Please check your Community inbox. 

Thanks!