Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Smart meter data not updating

Newcomer

My smart meter readings and solar export has stopped updating in my usage. The last usage update was 6th October . I'm pretty disappointed that I cannot see my usage on a regular basis. 

10 REPLIES 10

Re: Smart meter data not updating

AGL Moderator

Hey Ganman,

Thanks for joining the Community!

It's not good to hear that our online services have been letting you down as of late! If you can shoot me through your account details and screenshots of these issues via private message, we'll be happy to help you further!

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Newcomer

Mine also has not been updating since the 24th of October.  What is more concerning is the “estimated data”, that seems to be configured on my usage “pre-solar”... almost as if AGL wasn’t happy with the reduced usage/money that solar afforded, and wants to go back to the exhirbitant fees prior to the solar installation.

AGL Moderator

Hey, Kez77!

We're sorry to hear that you're experiencing similar issues. If you'd like us to look into things, please don't hesitate to send me a private message.

Thanks,

Jayden.

Newcomer

Thanks Jayden, I did take the advice you provided to the OP, and sent off a bunch of screenshots that should hopefully help.

i couldn’t find my way back to this thread to add that I expect that the issue has been created by the meter reconfiguration/alteration that occurred in the day(s) preceding the data failure.

Newcomer

hi as requested

image.png

AGL Moderator

Hey Genman,

Thanks for getting back to us!

Your electricity meter is referred to as a 'manually read interval meter'. This means that despite your meter being digital, it does not report usage remotely on a frequent basis, and it is still manually read by a meter reader every three months. It appears that your last meter reading was taken on 4/10/2017, which is why data is available up to this date. This will update again in early January when your meter is next read!

Cheers,

Jayden.

Newcomer

I find this difficult to believe as the meter was updating the readings and has now stopped. If what you say is correct how are meter readings displaying information after the reading on the 4th?

Newcomer

GgI find this difficult to believe as the meter was updating the readings and has now stopped. If what you say is correct how are meter readings displaying information after the reading on the 4th?

AGL Moderator

Hey Genman,

I've made a typing error here, which has lead to this discrepancy! I apologise. Your meter was read on 6/10/2017, which is why data is available up until this date.

Kind regards,

Jayden.