Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Smart Meter Reading Frequency and EMF's

LC
Switched-on

Hi I am trying to find someone to get in touch with to get some help.

We had a smart meter installed in our home when we were at work, this was quite some time ago, however, I have been unwell and researched certain things and found information about smart meteres and their emitted signals and electromagnetic frquencies.

I have questions for you so, firtstly does my meter transmit by wire or wirelessly?

If it is transmitted wirelessly then how often is it transmitted?

Finally what are my opt-out options? As I would like my signal to be switched off and read manually.

I can be contacted on this email or on 0417 059 097.

I would very much appreciate a prompt response as I am having helath issues due to EMF's and must minimise their outputs.

Kind regards,

Laudy

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Smart Meter Reading Frequency and EMF's

AGL Moderator

Hey LC,

Thank you for your post!

I'm sorry to hear that you've been negatively affected by your smart meter. The answers to your queries are as follows:

• Your meter does transmit data wirelessly
  • Data is transmitted every 30 minutes (approximately)

You can request to have the the wireless-functions of your meter deactivated, however this is completed at the discretion of your electricity distributor. If you're not sure who this is, you can confirm this by using this tool. Once you have confirmed who your distributor is, we encourage you to contact them to discuss your options.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.