Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Slow connection

Switched-on

Just wondering how many people have been left in the lurch with a new connection? 

I applied for a gas connection early September last year. AGL took 8 weeks to ask their own contractor to quote for the job. The lead in to the property(9 meters) was done the week before Christmas. The rectification work was done mid January.

I was promised a meter in 3-5 days 10 days ago.

I still have no meter!

My small business cannot open as a result, but I am paying rental on the premises for 6 months whilst AGL "sit on their hands" and stop me from trading. My losses are substantial.

Can anyone tell me what is going on?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Slow connection

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @raedarae

Thanks your post and welcome to the Community. 

Sorry to hear about the delay in gas connection to better investigate this, can you please send me a private message with your account details and I will follow up with our Gas New Connections team to find out what is happening. 

You can use this link to send me a private message. 

Thanks!

Re: Slow connection

Powerhouse

Hi there Raedarae,

I can see other posts/complaints relating to the same problem, yours would have driven me around the twist by now. Hopefully now your here you may get some action and find out what went wrong.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.