Request a smart meter

KI_AGLContact
Switched-on
3 Replies 47742 Views

Would you please advise whether you can ask for a smart meter to be installed or is there a fixed schedule determined by AGL.

23 REPLIES 23
Toby
Switched-on
1 Reply 15681 Views

@KI_AGLContact wrote:

Would you please advise whether you can ask for a smart meter to be installed or is there a fixed schedule determined by AGL.

If it is free can I have a smart meter thanks

Latchmanan
Conductor
0 Replies 15679 Views

You can call 1300 669 245 and AGL will organised the upgrade. Most cases at no cost. But talk to them.

Cheers,

Ray

adele
Switched-on
1 Reply 15290 Views

Hi I’ve just called the number you state to ask for a smart meter and Mary on the other end told me she knows nothing about them and I have to go through the app .she did seem in a rush and was most unhelpful , so first question can we order through the app and if not which number do I call and what option do I press thanks Adele 

JaredSC
Switched-on
1 Reply 15250 Views

I called AGL today on 1300 669 245 to request a smart meter,  They told me in order to get a smart meter I would need to get an electrician to come out and lodge a request for EWR.  Please advise if I was given incorrect information by AGL

Latchmanan
Conductor
2 Replies 15245 Views

Hi Jared, I had the exact experience. First AGL rep I spoke to told me to get an electrician to send the request etc. When I called again in few days, a different person answered and with couple of questions, all was sorted.

Most probably the rep you spoke to is a newbie. Make sure that you explain that you already have the service, and you have solar panel installed and working well but on analog meters. And all you want them to do is replace it with digital meters at no cost.  

All the best

Latchmanan
Conductor
0 Replies 15243 Views

Hi Adale,

Hope you have the issue sorted out. Mary was incorrect and you do not need to request for digital meters via the app. Try again and hope you will get an experienced rep this time to assist. All the best

JaredSC
Switched-on
0 Replies 15237 Views

Hi Latchmanan,

I just called AGL again and the person I spoke to this time put the request in within minutes.  I think they need some training in that department

Rets
Switched-on
1 Reply 11982 Views

-Jenna-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 11966 Views

Hi Rets,

Thanks for being part of the AGL Community. 

You can request a meter upgrade by getting in touch with our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245.

Kind Regards,

Jenna

mis23
Semiconductor
1 Reply 10206 Views

Hi,

I just called AGL and was told what some others have said above about my electrician needing to complete a form and submit it. I was also told it would cost $526.85 to get a smart meter installed - is this correct?

Thanks