Request a smart meter

KI_AGLContact
Switched-on
3 Replies 47704 Views

Would you please advise whether you can ask for a smart meter to be installed or is there a fixed schedule determined by AGL.

23 REPLIES 23
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
3 Replies 37059 Views

Hey KI_AGLContact,

You sure can!

You can request a meter upgrade by getting in touch with our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245.

Kind regards, 

Jayden

Nab
Switched-on
1 Reply 36456 Views

How much do they cost and what if u are renting?

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 36413 Views

Hi Nab,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

If no changes are made to your metering configuration at the time of your meter upgrade then the upgrade is free of charge. The only requirement is that the account in question be in your name, so upgrades are available to renters.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Latchmanan
Conductor
2 Replies 36242 Views

Hi Jayden,

When I called AGL about upgrading to smart meters, they asked me to get an electrician to log a request with Energex. This seems a bit odd. Could you please confirm? Thanks

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 36225 Views

Hi Latchmanan,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Can I ask if any specific reasoning was given to as to why you needed to arrange this through an electrician? This does sound quite odd. Have you recently had a solar system installed by any chance?

Cheers,

Jayden

Latchmanan
Conductor
1 Reply 36140 Views

Hi Jayden,

All good now. I called the number you posted above, 1300 669 245 and AGL have organised the upgrade no question asked (or require an electrician). Thank you for your assistance.

Cheers,

Ray

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 36127 Views

Hey Ray,

That's great to hear!

Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers,

Jayden

shanwaran
Switched-on
1 Reply 35650 Views

I live in Pendle Hill, NSW. I had requested for smart meter couple of years back. I was told that the waiting period would be between 3 to 6 months time. Whenever I call them to ask about it, the answer is I am still on the waiting list. Smart meet would certainly help me to bring down the burden of my heavy bill. Could you please advise me of way to speed it up. I was seriously thinking about switching on to different provider who can come with smart meter. Thank you

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 35647 Views

Hi shanwaran,

"Plus Es" who complete this meter upgrades have not been operating with a backlog/waiting list for quite sometime. If you contact our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245 you should find that this can be completed for you within about 2-3 weeks.

Kind regards,

Jayden