Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Re: Opting out of having Smart Meter installed

Powerhouse

Hey Jeremy,

I class that as a true and factual answer, I hope others read this carefully.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Powerhouse

I won't comment on whether AGL or any retailer can close or ration power........you can foil cover the antenna but if no figures are sent to AGL on a 30 minute basis then they will estimate your bill, trust me when I say, you don't want to go down that path!!

When you install/login in to your AGL on line account, the agents will guide you easily, you will open up a wealth of information at your finger tips, this is part I now miss having moved to Simply Energy.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Powerhouse

I forgot to add, you may just be trying to read your meter too hard........on the main screen which is easy to read, the buttons allow you to scroll through the figures, very easily, ask Jeremy to see which meter you have and what the codes relate to, so that each press of the button may show date/time, usage to date, Feed in tariff to date etc. they escape me now but when you know the sequence it's super simple, but I think you won't bother in the end as the AGL IQ will give you maybe more than you want to digest.

Rob

Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

@Tanwin, once the national meter database reflects the upgraded meter and our database is updated accordingly you'll begin to see consumption data via both AGL IQ and the mobile app. They contain all the information you need to analyze your usage and usage charges history.

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!
Highlighted

Switched-on

how do i opt out of having a smart meter cheers john

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey johnfsavage,

Welcome to the Community!

As of 1/12/2017, the government-mandated 'Power of Choice' program came into effect, which means that all meters installed or replaced after this date must be smart meters. As a result, if your current meter is due to be upgraded, this must be replaced with a smart meter. You can find out more information about 'Power of Choice' here.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

There is now a significant scientific literature on the health risks of using wi-fi radiating devices at home - in particular, the strength of signals obeys the inverse square law, so you really don't want any hub or emitting device anywhere near where you walk, and especially if you have children. The potential risks include destruction or damage of DNA, anything from insomnia to brain tumours, damage to sperm, apoptosis, stress, hormone changes, etc. For more detail, see for instance: https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/pii/S0013935118300355