Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Noisy Gas Meter

Semiconductor

Our neighbourhood have had the new gas smart-meters installed for around 3 months now and it seems to be progressively increasing in noise. I can detect a smell of gas when positioned within 5 metres of the meter. I noticed the design of the new smart-meter has a vent that blows a lot of air out. Is this all expected behaviour?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Noisy Gas Meter

AGL Moderator

Hey tupham,

Thanks for reaching out!

It's hard to say whether or not this behaviour is expected as gas meters can vary in design and functionality! However, any smell of gas emanating from the meter is always worth double checking. We'll recommend that you get in touch with your gas distributor to notify them of this, so that a crew can attend your property to ensure that everything is in order. If you're not currently aware of who your gas distributor is, you can confirm this by following this link: aglener.gy/gasDB.

Kind regards,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Semiconductor

Turned out there was indeed a gas leak and we had a technician visit and resolved the problem.

Thanks

AGL Moderator

This is great to hear, tupham! Thanks for letting us know!

Cheers,

Jayden.

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.