Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

No power - no solution

Switched-on

I am completely shocked with AGL's service. How many errors can one make in one day? 

Arrived home yesterday to find that my power had been cut off at my property. Called United Energy, only to find out that my property had not even been registered to my AGL account, and that I was in fact paying electricity for the wrong unit for the last 6 months, despite my energy bill having the right address on it! Took nearly 2 hours of to and fro before I was able to get to the resolutions team and finally speak to someone competent enough to credit me the bills I have been paying for someone else. Onto the second issue.

My power at my house was cut off. I was desperately trying to find a way to get the power operational again at my house. AGL told me I had to find out who the previous provider was. After another hour of useless back and forth phone calls, I finally found out it was Origin Energy. Back on the phone to AGL. Got told I need to make an account with Origin for the power to be transferred. Back on the phone to Origin. Got told I need to get back on the phone with AGL and tell them that it wasnt "vacant use" and to raise an STFI - mind you I have no idea what these terms mean, I just want my power back and nobody can realise the desperation. Back on the phone to AGL, no, they insisted I need to make the account with Origin. Back on the phone with Origin, finally made an account, No idea why I had to do such a thing, then back to AGL to tell them its been done. Got told by customer rep at Resolutions team that power will be back on in few hours and to check. Finally breath a sigh of relief and assume all will be ok, I return home at 9.30 pm that night, NO POWER. Called up at night, got put on the phone with a rude, careless operator who kept interrupting me and saying the same thing over and over again with little to no regard of my plight: "As I mentioned already, you need to call Origin and get them to transfer the billing rights". This was at 10 pm by now, with no company except AGL accepting calls. I ended up spending the night with no power.

Probably one of the worst customer experiences I have ever lived through, and still to this moment, I have no power, and actually do not know what to do. One thing for sure, it has made me think twice again before I ever recommend AGL (or Origin).

1 REPLY 1

Re: No power - no solution

AGL Moderator

Hi adamk91,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

It's incredibly disappointing to hear that your experience with AGL in a time of need was so poor, and I'd like to apologise for this total lack of support from our end. This is something that we'd like to take a closer look at to ensure that all of the issues with your account are ironed out, and I believe that there are also several training opportunities here for our customer service team which need to be addressed. So that we can follow up on this, I'd really appreciate it if you could send me a private message with your account details at a time that is convenient for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.