Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

New Meter

Con
Switched-on

Dear AGL, I requested a new solar meter be installed to my renovated home over four weeks ago. After numerous calls to AGL where I received no answer to a simple question of when will my meter be installed I was finally "off loaded" to your meter installer Active Stream who promised I would get my new meter installed on the 23rd of March. I arranged for both my builder and electrician to be there and guess what? nobody turned up! When I called AGL they said they could not help me and said it was the "installers responsibility" and that I should call Active Stream direct. Active Stream said " the installer should have turned up and that they could not contact the installer by phone as "he is overseas" but would send an email. When I asked when will the installation happen they said that AGL will tell me and that it was their responsibility. When I spoke to your customer complaints area I was told there have been "many complaints" on meter installs and that there was nothing they could do and that "management was aware of this issue" I still have no meter and no power to my home. I have spoken to numerous people who have had a similar experience with AGL. I have been an AGL customer for nearly 40 years, how can you treat anyone like this, you have been around for over 170 years, how have you deteriorated to this level. Absolutely appalling service, I just want power to my home now

7 REPLIES 7

Re: New Meter

AGL Moderator

Hey Con,

Welcome to the Community!

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. It is true that these delays have been affecting many of our customers since the Power of Choice metering reform on 1/12/2017. However, I feel there may be more that we could be doing for you here. If you can send me a private message including your AGL account details, we'll be happy to help where we can.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

GAO
Switched-on

My daughter has just had solar installed.and has been waiting 2 months to have her new meter installed. In the meantime it is not concerning her as the meter now runs backwards which suits her just fine. She is not an AGL customer, so the problem is definately with the new system of private contractor since the 1st Dec 1917. I have phoned Energex who confirms that all the apropriate forms were received by them from the solar instaler, in the meantime running backwards seems to be the best idea.. When I had my solar instaled I already had one of the new digital meters so energex only had to come out and recalibrated it. I am an AGL customer and am entirely satisfied with my service. I have 18 solar panels and have a large credit accumulating  in my account which I may cash in on after I see what hapens after the winter when we may not have so much sunlight. In the meantime its a bit like WWW,world wide wait. 

AGL Moderator

Hi GAO,

Thank you for your input.

I just wanted to drop in to let you know that by turning on a solar system prior to the meter being upgraded with bi-directional capabilities, you are running the risk of your next bill being estimated. Energex require that a meter be upgraded before a solar system is turned on so that they can accurately measure how much power is going each way (exported/imported) from the grid. Without the ability to do this, they're well within their rights to estimate the power imported for any affected period.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Con
Switched-on

Hi Jayden,

Thank you for your reply.

My issue has now been fully resolved by AGL and I have my new meter !

The AGL team has been absolutely amazing in recovering the situation and restoring my faith in AGL.

Kind regards, Con

AGL Moderator

Hey Con,

This is brilliant news!

Thanks for taking the time to let me know, and for providing this fantastic feedback about our customer service team.

Kind regards,

Jayden

ZZ
Conductor

Question 1:

How do we contact Active Stream?

White Pages has no entry for them.  Yellow Pages has no entry for them.
Their LinkedIn entry points to a website www.activestream.com.au which doesn't work (the URL doesn't work - just produces an error message in browser)
Can't find a contct for them in sites belonging to AGL (who used to own them), Ausgrid (who currently own them), Macquarie Group (who own the meters and thus are tied up with them is some way)
How do you contact Active Stream?

Question 2
Are they a Metering Coordinator (as per the national PoC rules) or are they a Meter Provider (as per the national PoC rules) .

Question 3
If they aren't the Metering Coordinator used by AGL, who is the Metering Coordinator used by AGL?

AGL Moderator

Hi ZZ,

Welcome to the Community!

In response to your questions:

1. Active Stream were re-branded as 'Plus Es' last year. Their website and contact details can be found here.
  2. Plus Es are a metering coordinator as well as a meter data provider.
  3. Plus Es are AGL's default metering coordinator of choice.

Kind regards,

Jayden