Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Meter reading

Switched-on

Hi, ( I apologise in advance for my vague description) I have a digital meter. Recently someone came and installed a cone shaped item on top of my meter box with wires connected to the digital meter. I asked a friend who said it was probably installed as they were having trouble getting an accurate reading. Does this sound normal? I cant seem to see anything like it on any of my neighbours meter boxes? 

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted

Re: Meter reading

AGL Moderator

Hi Missrach72,

Thank you for getting in touch!

It is possible that a range extender has been installed at your property. Have there been any issues with getting accurate meter readings in the past that you're aware of?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Hi Jaydeny thanks for replying.

Not that I have been aware of. One day it was just there. There was a card left in my letterbox saying a technician had been out to do some work but nothing else. If they are having trouble reading mine wouldn't they be having trouble reading the neighbours as well? 

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hey Missrach72,

I'll ask you to send me a quick private message with your AGL account number and address so that I can follow up on this for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.