Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Meter exchange SA

Switched-on

Solar system install set for 23/11/18. I received an SMS on 23/10/18 which said that after 5 working days a new meter would be installed within 2 weeks-has not happened.

After phoning the meter connections number and some language difficulty I was told that the SMS information did not apply and was given a new deadline of 4/12/18 with no guarantees-30 working days.

As I understand it from 1/1/19 meter exchange should happen within 15 working days or AGL pays $250 per day as a late fee.

Surely meter exchange should occur well within 30 working days with the January deadline so close.

Importantly,why would an SMS be sent containing incorrect information and a timetable that cannot be met-I arranged installation of the solar system based on SMS.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Meter exchange SA

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi roger, 

Thank you for reaching out to us here in the community!

We're aware that metering coordinators are currently experiencing significant delays in completing their work orders. This has obviously caused a considerable discrepancy between the time frames quoted by AGL versus the true time frame in which these jobs will be completed by the metering coordinator.

We'd like to apologise for this poor experience and provide a direct contact number for our Solar New Connections team 1800 680 430.

Kind regards,

Le

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

This seems to be a stock standard response.

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi roger,

If you would like us to have a closer look at your account, please send a private message with your account details and we'll be more than happy to look into this further for you. 

Regards, 

Le 

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.