Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Meter Type

Switched-on

Hi Community, 

I have moved to AGL because of the hell I have been through with high bills with Origin Energy and a bonus option to view my daily usage via the AGL IQ, to my dismay, after talking to Mei in chat that I, in fact on her checking my account, do not have a smart meter after all only a "basic meter" and cannot view my usage anyway via the IQ, can someone show me what a smart meter looks like if this is the basic unit !? 

Cheers Rhonnie

14937828_10154011482812997_2025542473_n.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Re: Meter Type

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Rhonnie. Welcome to the Community and thanks for the great question. 

I can confirm based on your meter that it is a smart meter, however it is not functioning as a smart meter yet. Which basically means that your meter records at 30 minute intervals, however it is not remotely read at this time. Your local electricty distribution company AusNet Services currently has until 31 March 2017 to make sure that all smart meters in their distribution area are fully functional. You might find this article interesting. 

Once your meter is fully functional you will be able to monitor your usage via AGL Energy Online. In the meantime, your meter will be read as a basic meter and the meter data provided to AGL to bill accordingly. 

If you have any account specific questions, please feel free to send a private message and I can further assist. 

Thanks, 

Catherine