Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

MARK 7A2 needs to be replaced with MARK 7C to take off the controlled load supply???

Switched-on

I am having AGL take out the controlled load (for the last 9 years) and I have a smart meter MARK 7A2 (I believe) in the premises already.  Now their contractor has called and said that they have to replace my smart meter with another smart meter (MARK 7C).  My question is why replace the meter?  both are smart meters and they can just shut off the controlled load from their office right?  Now I have to be at home for them to do their job!

1 REPLY 1

Re: MARK 7A2 needs to be replaced with MARK 7C to take off the controlled load supply???

AGL Moderator

Hello vipermla,

Thank you for your post!

This process isn't quite this simple I'm sorry to say. When a controlled load register is deactivated/removed, it is required that the controlled load tails be isolated for safety reasons and to ensure that the meter is compliant with service instllation rules.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.