Incorrect charge following meter replacement

MartinS
Semiconductor
1 Reply 6013 Views

We have recently changed over to a new Smart Meter. The servicemen reported the closing reading for our old electricity meter and then when we received the next bill we received an estimate. An estimate doesn’t normally cause a problem because it smooths out in time but nobody was living in our house for the entire billing period so the usage would have been very low and now that we have changed meters I am concerned that the low usage for the billing period will be lost!

4 REPLIES 4
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 6008 Views

Hi MartinS,

I understand your concern here.

Can I ask if the dates on your most recent bill include and go past the date in which your meters were changed? If so, is your new meter referenced on this bill at all?

Cheers,

Jayden

MartinS
Semiconductor
0 Replies 6005 Views

The meter was changed over on 26 March and the new bill ran until the meter read estimated on April 17.

There is only one meter mentioned in the bill, not sure whether this is the new or old meter.

MartinS
Semiconductor
1 Reply 6004 Views

The meter was changed over on 26 March and the new bill ran until the meter read estimated on April 17.

There is only one meter mentioned in the bill, not sure whether this is the new or old meter.

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 5981 Views

Hi MartinS,

Thank you for clarifying this!

In this case, I'll need to follow up on this for you. Could you please send me a quick private message (by clicking on my username) including your AGL account details and as well as a photograph of your meter?

Kind regards,

Jayden