Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Gas meter reading incorrect

Switched-on

I had a significant jump in gas usage compared to same time last year, even though nothing has changed in terms of usage.

My bill shows a Start Read of 11402 and an "End Read" of 11859 dated 12 August, with a Read Type of "Actual".

However, yesterday 16 August, my meter reading only shows 11668. It seems the meter reading on my bill is incorrect.

Please advise why the discrepancy and whether I can get a bill reissued with the correct meter reading. I can send account details if required.

Thanks,

Janine

6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted

Re: Gas meter reading incorrect

AGL Moderator

Hi JanineD,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

It sounds like your meter reader has unfortunately made an error but it's great that you've picked up on this. You'll need to enter your meter reading online and our customer service team will be in touch thereafter if need be: How do I submit a meter read using My Account?

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Hi. Your system would not accept my meter reading because it's lower than your incorrect reading.

The problem is unresolved.

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi JanineD,

Thank you for getting back to me.

In this case, you'll need to get in touch with our customer service team here.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

If the meter reading on your bill is incorrect (or doesn't match the reading on your meter) this usually means your bill was calculated on an estimated reading. Your bill may be estimated if: We didn't receive a meter reading during your billing period. You submitted a reading but it was rejected by the networks first bank credit card.

Highlighted

Switched-on

me too. So sick of AGL's dumb gas meter reading repeating problems

Highlighted

AGL Moderator

Hi Hienle! 

Welcome to the AGL Community!

You can update your own meter readings directly on your AGL My Account, you can also check out our website on How do I submit a meter read using My Account?

Kind regards, 

-Nam-