Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Gas meter noise?

Switched-on

Hi all,

for the past 3-4 weeks now my gas meter has been becoming more and more noisier.  The sound is like water constantly running.

Just wondering if anyone out there has experienced this before? It is now so noisy that I can hear it from upstairs inside the house.

Regards

Damian

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Gas meter noise?

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Damian

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community. 

To be able to get a technician out to inspect the meter we need to raise a "Meter Damaged Operation Ordinary (MDO)" service order request with your local gas distributor. Without knowing where you are located, I have complied the relevant completion time frames and associated fees below: 

Victoria:

• Mulitnet, AusNet Services and Envesta - completion time frame of 48 hours and no fees 

New South Wales: 

• Jemena and AGN - completion time frame of 5 - 10 business days and no fees 

South Australia: 

• Envestra SA - completion time frame of 48 hours and no fees 

Queensland: 

• APT Allgas - completion time frame of 48 hours and a fee of $80.66 (if a fault is found, this fee will not be charged) 
  • Envestra QLD - completion time frame of 48 hours and no fees for service order being completed, however if there is no access fee of $62.70 if clear and unhindered access is not provided 

To get this service order raised, you have 3 options: 

1. Send us a private message here on the Community with your account details 
  2. Chat to us via webchat (available 24/7)
  3. Call us on 131 245 (available 24/7)

Thanks!

Switched-on

Thanks

appreciate the response.

Highlighted

Semiconductor

IVe posted a similar enquiry in a new topic here: https://community.agl.com.au/t5/General/Noisy-Gas-Meter/m-p/3547#M469

Switched-on

I have been facing a terrible gas metre noise issue at my premises. Called 131 245 and received no help.

They could transferred the call to the Distributor and distributor has advised that any noise related issue should be directed to retailer which is AGL.

This is going back and forth between the distributor and AGL.

They have also advised that 

AGL customer service has to raise a MDO with their relevant team. AGL customer is not happy to help.

What's the next step?

AGL Moderator

Hi rezwana_a,

Thank you for raising this issue.

The most recent advice that you have been provided is correct - AGL do need to raise an 'MDO' service order to have your meter attended to. I'm sorry that you've been offered incorrect information prior to this.

Please send me a quick private message with your AGL account number and address so that I can arrange this for you.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Switched-on

Thanks Jayden

Please check inbox.

AGL Moderator

Thanks rezwana_a!

I'll be in touch with you shortly.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.