Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Gas connection still pending

Switched-on

Hello, I've moved to a new place and signed up with AGL for electricity and gas on the 31st July.

I've been enjoying the use of electricity and gas on the premises. However from an account set up perspective, the electricity account appears set up correctly on my account, but the gas connection is still pending.

I've escalated over the phone a couple of times and they have re-requested a connection again 1 week later. 
Apparently, the distributor Jemena has accepted the job but has not recorded the meter reads for the gas yet. 
It's more than another week again now, and still the gas account has not been set up.

1. I'm concerned that due to the lack of meter reads, my next bill could spring a huge surprise.

2. Whoever was the previous retailer might threaten to charge "The Occupier" and have the place disconnected.

I'm wondering what my options are. Is it the strenuous relationship between AGL and Jemena, because previously in other places in Sydney and with a different retailer, the gas set up has been pretty smooth and the reads conducted on time.