Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Faulty meter

Switched-on

Hi there, I have 16 solar panels and had a faulty meter in 2016-2017 resulting in zero meter reads. It was replaced after a year of dealings with AGL & Endeavour Energy with Endeavour refusing to come out to inspect the meter until we engaged an electrician at our cost to write a report confirming the meter fault. Ultimately Endeavour agreed it was faulty and replaced the meter and we have received some solar credits but the credits don't seem that great overall. AGL credited to our account some money to make up for the defective meter.

Now this has happened again. Our solar meter is stuck on 9242 and will not move. On examination of earlier bills this has been the case the last 2 bills. 

I now see that electricity providers must install digital meters where the old meters are defective.

I need this done immediately and also AGL will need to apply some credits to my account to make up for solar not read.

I will ring AGL this morning to se if they will help me and will let you know the outcome. I'm not paying for an electrician again.