Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Extending Hot Water Times

Switched-on

Hi there,

I just moved into a rented property and found out after 3 days that we have an electric water heater that stops at around 7pm (the agent was of no use, kept assuming it was a gas problem). According to one person from AGL I spoke to, it is likely due to Citipower controlling the times in which the water heater gets power. I went on to their website to understand what's going but found little information. I did, however, find a way to "boost" the heating of my water but although everything showed it should be working, I never felt any warm/hot water in the shower, even after 30 minutes of waiting.

Is there a way to extend the times in which water is heated?

How long do I have to wait until the boost works or has completed heating my water?

Why are they even controlling when I get to take a hot shower? Feels slightly Stoneage.

Thanks for any and all help you can provide!

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Extending Hot Water Times

AGL Moderator

Hey dsappana,

Thank you for your post! 

It sounds as though you have a 'Controlled Load' at your property, which is a metering configuration that allows your water to heat at a specific time as determined by Citipower. The advantages of this configuration is that the rates charged for this electricity are significantly cheaper than the rates charged for your general consumption. 

If you feel that your water could be heating at a more appropriate time or to address the fault with your boost function, we'd encourage you to get in touch with Citipower directly on 1300 301 101.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.