Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

EMS2500 Meter Hot Water Boost

Switched-on

Can anyone please advise if there's a way I can turn on my hotwater power as my electrician has changed the thermostat but I'd like to get it to heat today so the family can shower his afternoon.

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: EMS2500 Meter Hot Water Boost

Powerhouse

Morning Dan,

Whether it's a gas or electric there are safeguards in the water temperature that one should take into account to make sure it’s safe from water borne diseases like legionella etc.

• Above 70 °C (158 °F): Legionella dies almost instantly
  • At 60 °C (140 °F): 90% die in 2 minutes
  • At 50 °C (122 °F): 90% die in 80–124 minutes, depending on strain
  • At 48 to 50 °C (118 to 122 °F): Can survive but do not multiply
  • 32 to 42 °C (90 to 108 °F): Ideal growth range

I’m guessing by your loss of hot water that maybe your sparky has set it too low so maybe you need to talk to the sparky first to make sure it’s at a safe temperature.

As for the boost, can’t help you there as I run gas so I’m in control.

Hope this tid bit helps!!

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Switched-on

Hi,

No the issue is everything is replaced but the water is set to off peak electricity and there is no obvious way to set the meter to hot water boost therefor the meter is dead in the water until 11pm tonight.

So without bypassing through wiring I was hoping AGL could say ... press this button here and do this to get the meter to power up the off peak circuit for this once instance the reset it tomorrow morning to go back to its normal schedule.

Highlighted

Powerhouse

Ok, I better uderstand, I guess you have to wait for an AGL person to read and pick up on the solution then, I can't see a solution when I google but I'll leave to those more qualified.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Highlighted

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Dan, is there a green button at the front of your meter? If so, you should be able to press and hold down the button on the front of the meter to activate the hot water boost function. 

If I've helped you in any way, feel free to give me a Like!
Highlighted

Powerhouse

I'm wondering if this from the Whirlpool forum helps, http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/2550909