Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Disconnection / account termination fee

Switched-on

It’s all in the wording…Am I correct that there is no ‘exit fee’ but you do get charged a fee for a final meter reading? I was told I would be charged $40.02 but I’ve never been charged a ‘meter reading’ fee on my quarterly bills.

Also, the service people should have a key to access the meter room in an apartment block, right? Again I’ve never had to personally provide access to the meter room every quarter but was asked this question when I informed AGL that I would like to close my account.

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1

Re: Disconnection / account termination fee

AGL Moderator

Dear Barbs,

Thank you for your comment!

When moving in or out of a property, you will be charged a fee that covers the costs of having a technician attend your property to connect or disconnect your power and also read your meter. If you refer to the fist bill you received for your property, you will very likely find one these fees listed. Regarding access to your meter, if this hasn't been a problem for your quarterly bills then it is unlikely that it will be a problem for your final bill.

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.