Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Disconnecting my electricity account

I'm moving back into my parents house soon, so I no longer need my AGL electricity account at the current property I'm in. Is there a way I can disconnect my electricity for a certain date, without calling AGL on the phone? Doing it online works best for me, but I can't find anywhere to do it. Thanks! 

Tags (1)
3 REPLIES

Re: Disconnecting my electricity account

Rookie

I am also trying to look for a way to get disconnection through their website and through the AGL account and for the life of me could not find one. 

It seems they make it harder to disconnect but there are many ways to "move" or "transfer" to another address. Of course, like you and me that have certain situations that are specific that we could not continue our patronage of their services, it is harder. 

I also want to do it in email and by online so that there is a paper trail. Proof that I have requested disconnection so that I don't get that nasty "oh our technician wasn't able to inspect the meter because of <insert excuse here>" or "you did not request a final read of the meter" or "you did not request for a disconnection" excuse and then pile up on electricity/gas bills of the next person moving in.

Figures.

AGL Moderator

Hi maddielazootin,

You can definitely arrange for your account to be closed without you having to call us. The best way for you to do this is to get in touch with our web chat team here!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.

Drop in

I am also in a similar situation. It is not possible to do it on-line.