Digital meters breaker switches

southoz
Conductor
1 Reply 5302 Views

Had a very scary episode here , while my roof was being restored the overflow on the air con until spilled into the roof cavity and water was running right through the roof and through a light fitting , it connected the power to the light and sparks were going every where up there , the real upsetting part of this was that the breaker switch on the digital meter did NOT break at all and we had to throw the switch manually to disconnect it . I'm no electrician but even I know that the switch should have disconnected immediately , so who do i call to inspect the switches and the meter , If the breaker switches didnt work in a case like this then all I can imagine is that a power short could burn down my house

2 REPLIES 2
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 5294 Views

Hi southoz,

This is quite concerning!

We encourage you to get in touch with your electricity distributors faults and emergencies team as a starting point. if you're not sure who your distributor is, you can use this tool to ascertain this.

Cheers,

Jayden

southoz
Conductor
0 Replies 5292 Views

Thank you for your quick reply , I did get in contact with SA Power Networks and was informed by a  gentleman there that I have to hire a private contractor aka an electrician to look into the matter