Digital meter optout

EGG
Semiconductor
2 Replies 8520 Views

I received a letter from AGL yesterday re 'upgrade' to a digital meter. At the bottom it says "If you don't want the upgrade you can opt out by visiting agl.com.au/optout." When I do so, follow the prompts, enter account number and name as requested, it gives an error message: "An error occurred while processing your request", followed by a long reference number. I have now tried this several times, at different times, using different computers and tablets: same result. Any advice/solution?

9 REPLIES 9
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 8513 Views

Hi @EGG thanks very much for the heads up.

I've just tested agl.com.au/optout and it does seem to be working correctly at the moment. Can you please try again now and if there's still a problem we can do some more investigation.

EGG
Semiconductor
1 Reply 8508 Views

Hi. I just tried it again - laptop, tablet, account number and name with and without spaces: same result as before.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 8506 Views

Thanks @EGG , could you send me a private message (click on my name) and include your account details and the reference number you're seeing with the error? I'll forward this to be looked at.

EGG
Semiconductor
1 Reply 8499 Views

When I click on David_AGL I don't see any private message option.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 8497 Views

@EGG No worries, I've just sent you a PM that you can reply to.

RF50
Switched-on
1 Reply 8273 Views

Hi I have also tried the link and it doesn't work

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 8252 Views

Hi @RF50 . The earlier issue was already corrected so there should be no problem now. What error are you seeing when you try to visit the opt out page?

RF50
Switched-on
1 Reply 8230 Views

I Cant get to the Optout page for digital metres only the optout for SMS

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
0 Replies 8210 Views

@RF50 The link discussed in this topic (agl.com.au/optout) is the link for opting out of digital metering.