Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Digital meter optout

Semiconductor

I received a letter from AGL yesterday re 'upgrade' to a digital meter. At the bottom it says "If you don't want the upgrade you can opt out by visiting agl.com.au/optout." When I do so, follow the prompts, enter account number and name as requested, it gives an error message: "An error occurred while processing your request", followed by a long reference number. I have now tried this several times, at different times, using different computers and tablets: same result. Any advice/solution?

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted

Re: Digital meter optout

AGL Community Manager

Hi @EGG thanks very much for the heads up.

I've just tested agl.com.au/optout and it does seem to be working correctly at the moment. Can you please try again now and if there's still a problem we can do some more investigation.

If a post answers your question, please click MARK AS SOLVED!

This helps others in the community find the answers they're looking for.
Highlighted

Semiconductor

Hi. I just tried it again - laptop, tablet, account number and name with and without spaces: same result as before.

Highlighted

AGL Community Manager

Thanks @EGG , could you send me a private message (click on my name) and include your account details and the reference number you're seeing with the error? I'll forward this to be looked at.

Highlighted

Semiconductor

When I click on David_AGL I don't see any private message option.

Highlighted

AGL Community Manager

@EGG No worries, I've just sent you a PM that you can reply to.