Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Digital/Smart meter, please?

Switched-on

Hi there.

I'm a long time AGL customer (way back in 2012 I ended up getting on the solar band wagon). It hasn't always been the best of experiences - I've had a few incorrect bills/things the company has done me wrong by...but...these things pass.

I've got two meters in my power box. One old mechanical meter and one "ripple flow" type meter. Neither of them are "smart" meter units, as such - and they have no communications capability.

I've been made aware that AGL is putting smart meters onto houses in certain circumstances, and, in general, there is a progressive roll-out.

Can I opt in for one by going through a certain process? What do I need to do to have one installed?

Thanks.

z

1 REPLY 1

Re: Digital/Smart meter, please?

AGL Moderator

Hi zebra,

Welcome to the AGL Community!

Thank you for your interest in a smart meter upgrade. I'm happy to confirm that we do offer these meter upgrades free of charge provided that you don't need any other work completed at your property. If you'd like to request an upgrade, you'll need to get in touch with our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245 (Mon-Fri, 8am-5.30pm AEST) who'll be happy to assist you further!

Kind regards, 

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.