Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Digital Net meter upgrade

Conductor

Hi , Im a 10 year plus AGL customer very frustrated trying to get a net meter installed . I have been promised over the past 6 months on several occasions , even been given a date on a couple of occasions and been told that a work order has been raised (29/04) but no one ever turns up to complete the job.

On my last call yesterday, one of probably10 in 6 months I was told that it SHOULD happen in the next month or two and thats the best they can tell me.

AGL your customer service is appalling and I feel no choice but to change suppliers.

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Digital Net meter upgrade

Semiconductor

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem as you, nothing seems to be able to get AGL to install a net meter at our house.  Did you get yours installed or did you change providers?  If you changed providers did you have any trouble with same regarding installation of net meter?

Conductor

The moderator said if I contacted her she would investigate. Of course I never heard back!! Havent had time to consider changing yet

AGL Moderator

Hi @frustrated66 & @superfrustrated

Apologies for the late response. If it's not too much trouble, can you please message me some account information so I can take? Thanks!

Semiconductor

Hi, my electricity account no. is  and NMI no. is , our meter provider is TMS, my neighbour has finally received notification of installation from AGL but not me.  The details  for both properties were provided  to TMS at the same time by me.  I am still frustrated but am unable to get an answer despite numerous calls to 

THE SOLAR TEAM!...........SUPERFRUSTRATED

AGL Moderator

Hi @superfrustrated I've had to edit your comment as it contains personal information on a public forum. If you could send me a private message I'd be happy to discuss this with you and work towards a resolution.

Semiconductor

how does one send a private message?, I'm extremely new to this and do not know, blame my age.

AGL Moderator

No worries @superfrustrated just click on my name, and you'll be taken to a new page where you'll see a button to send a message.

Switched-on

We have 20 years with AGL and have exactly the same issue. We have Solar panels as well so without a smart meter  we are losing money because all of the solar energy we make goes straight to the Grid at 11 cents then we buy it back at 32 cents per k/w. If a Smart Meter was installed our home would use the solar energy made first and only sending unused solar energy to the grid. Totally unacceptable behaviour from AGL with electricity prices on the rise all AGL will give you is excuses and no fixes. With a roll out of this size i am not sure how AGL got it so wrong and its the customer paying the price. I received a letter saying a AGL representative had been to our property and the smart meter could not be installed unless we paid for it. I called customer service and it turns out it was a generic letter sent out. I received another letter a month later saying i could pay for installation of a smart meter, not bad for something that was meant to be free. I have lost confidence in AGL as there communication is terrible and its obvious all they want to do is charge you for there inability to organise smart metering for there customers.

Solar Customers if you dont have a smart meter installed yet AGL are taking advantage of you.  

Semiconductor

Hi Rod 16,  I know exactly how you feel, in the end I just had to give up on the process as it was upsetting me too much, though I must admit the Moderator, Nathan B. at least gave me reasonable answers and kept me informed.

I am pleased to say that our Net Meter was installed last Friday.  Good Luck.