Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Controlled Load Problem

Newcomer

Anyone knows how Controlled Load is "Controlled". Whether it is controlled by the power supplier network, or relying on the appliance (hot water system) to draw power at the "right time"? 

I have an electric hot water system connected to Controlled Load. It worked fine for years.

I just got my latest quarterly bill (for March to May), and Controlled Load is zero, while Peak Load increased correspondingly. My hot water is still working, so I know it is receiving power some how.

2 REPLIES

Re: Controlled Load Problem

Dear IvanK,

Thank you for getting in touch!

The functionality of a controlled load can vary somewhat from state to state, however generally speaking power through this circuit is made available to at specific times of the day by your energy distributor. Given that your hot water system is not currently making use of the available power, this suggests that there may be a fault with the time switch on your meter which will need to be addressed!

We'll ask you to call through on 131 245 to chat with our 'Resolutions' team who'll be happy to assist you further with this.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Re: Controlled Load Problem

Newcomer

Thanks Jayden for quick response. A meter check is just arranged.