Change of control load in Sydney

pancho
Conductor
1 Reply 8111 Views

I had a digital meter fitted by AGL last year. I want to change my control load 2 off peak hot water to control load 1. Can this be done remotely? Is there any charge? Ausgrid have told me that AGL has to do it

7 REPLIES 7
jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 8108 Views

Hi pancho,

Good question!

Provided you have a smart meter, these reconfigurations are typically done remotely. The fee quoted for this work is up to $165, however this is based on the worst case scenario in the event that a technician does have to physically attend your property. Remote reconfigurations attract a far lower fee. 

Kind regards,

Jayden

pancho
Conductor
1 Reply 8104 Views

Thanks for your reply Jayden. How do I get a quote for this Change over. I’m prepared to pay a small fee for remote change over but not $165. I thought the benefit of a digital meter was that things like this could be done remotely

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 8091 Views

Hi pancho,

My pleasure!

As mentioned, given you have a smart meter this work should be completed remotely so it's highly unlikely that you'll be slugged with the $165 fee. To arrange this, you'll just need to get in touch with our Resolutions team.

Kind regards,

Jayden

pancho
Conductor
1 Reply 8075 Views

Thanks again Jayden. I have contacted the Resolution team & been informed that the change from Control load 2 to Control load 1 for my off peak hot water can be done remotely through my digital meter, but I cannot get anything other than a vague & unsatisfactory statement of “cost of can be up to $165”  I have asked for a more definite quote of cost & received a commitment to call me back the same day with a more specific costing but there has been no return my call

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 8074 Views

Good morning pancho,

I'm sorry to hear that our team haven't followed up with you!

These fees typically fall in the region of $20-$40 but I can't guarantee this as a certainty I'm sorry to say.

Kind regards,

Jayden

Pauline11
Semiconductor
1 Reply 7840 Views

Hi Jayden I just got off the phone with your solar team and she advised that the fee charged to remotely reconfigure my smart meter for Solar was $165. I argued that the fee should not be 165 as the message I got earlier last week advised that It would be upto $165. Thus I am assuming that a remote reconfiguration should be a fraction of the maximum fee stated. 

Can you please comment on this @jayden_AGL 

@jayden_AGL wrote:

Hi pancho,

Good question!

Provided you have a smart meter, these reconfigurations are typically done remotely. The fee quoted for this work is up to $165, however this is based on the worst case scenario in the event that a technician does have to physically attend your property. Remote reconfigurations attract a far lower fee. 

Kind regards,

Jayden

jayden_AGL
AGL Moderator
0 Replies 7825 Views

Hi Pauline,

Thank you for your comment.

Your assumptions are correct, remote reconfiguration do typically attract a fee less than the $165 you were quoted. As I'm sure you can understand, we prefer to quote for the worst case scenario as opposed to surprising out customers with fees higher than anticipated.

Kind regards,

Jayden