Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Actual meter

Switched-on

I moved in my apartment 2017 and February and I my electric bill and gas bill was like $70 a month now it's $160 for actual reading I was just wondering how far back do they do the actual reading if it was before I moved in at (removed for privacy purposes)

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Actual meter

Retired AGL Moderator

Hi @Lolabob12

I have removed your address for privacy reasons. 

Whenever a customer moves in or out of an address, we endeavour to ensure that actual start or end reads are received from the gas or electricity distribution company. 

Generally we receive gas and electricity meter reads every 3 months (bi-monthly for gas customers in Victoria), if you are receiving your bills monthly, this might mean that we are estimating the bills in between actual meter reads. 

You can find out more here about monthly billing. In the meantime, please send myself a private message with your account details (account number and full supply address) and I can investigate further. 

Thanks!