Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

Abnormal Controlled Load Usage

Switched-on

My last 4 AGL Energy Insight reports have shown July  - 36% of my electricity was used in the night between 12am and 6am and we used 22% more on hot water than similar homes.  The figures for Aug was 38% and 19%, SEPT 41% and 37% and Oct 46% and 61%.  We are a two person home I believe that this shows that there is something abnormal going on with the controlled load.  How can we identify if there is a problem, and is it possible to reduce the period during which our hot water system is using electricity?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Abnormal Controlled Load Usage

AGL Moderator
AGL Moderator

Hi TelMac, 

Thank you for your post!

I can definitely understand the concern here with increased usage on the controlled load hot water meter. 

It's difficult to tell why this is happening as we obtain usage information from the meter readings logged by the distribution company.  To discuss the possible causes of this, please contact our customer service team via web chat here.

Kind regards, 

Le

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.