Meters and Connections

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Moving or need advice about your digital, net or gross meter? Ask your question here.

Highlighted

3phase smart meter with controlled load

Switched-on

I have been trying for around six weeks to get a 3phase smart meter with controlled load installed.

First visit tech showed up onsite and called me (left my number in the meter box) and advised me that AGL had created the wrong order. The order created was for a singe phase smart meter with controlled load. At this point he couldn't do anything to help and I had to go back to AGL.

He did however advise me that the three meter needed an additional single phase meter installed to handle the controlled load at which point he grabbed both meters out of his van and physically put them in the meter box to show me the configuration that I needed.

Second visit I was home,  a different tech had the job to install the three phase smart meter but again the controlled load install job was sent out incorrectly. I could see clearly in the notes it said 'urgent please install controlled load etc'  except he needed a specific code to do so - MXLA7 which is multiphase controlled load. At this point he couldn't get hold of the supervisor and AGL was no help so I asked to him to complete the order that he has, which he did promptly.

Now I am at the stage that AGL is saying that the tech should have installed the meter as the job was raised correctly and is 'chasing it up'. I am still waiting to hear from AGL. Getting the run around on the phone, trying complaints via email with no resolution (or even a response) I was hoping that someone here can shed some light on the matter.

I wish I stuck with my original retailer as this is holding me up getting a hotwater service moved in preparation for building works.  I do like the online portal showing my energy usage though.

Cheers

Aaron