Smart Meter.

Alanmac
Conductor
1 Reply 266 Views

Hello AGL,

Last week I had a smart meter installed. It all went without a hitch and I had minimal inconvenience. 

Today when I check on the app I notice that the Bill Projection for the coming month has sky rocketed. In fact it is projected to be more than double what I am paying this month. Why is that? Do you project  that I am going to use a lot more electricity this coming  month compared to last month.

Any response would be gratefully received. 

Cheers.

3 REPLIES 3
Deepesh_AGL
AGL Moderator
2 Replies 249 Views

Hi Alanmac, Thanks for reaching out. The bill projection in AGL app is based on how your electricity usage has been trending so far + seasonal factors that comes into effect. You can always monitor your daily usage to stay up to date via the app. You can also find more information here.

Cheers, Deepesh

Alanmac
Conductor
0 Replies 239 Views

Hi Deepesh,

Many thanks for your response to my query.

I feel that I may have jumped the gun on this as I notice today that the projected figure is dropping daily. 

It seems that, on the app, it takes my usage and projects what I will consume over the billing period based on how much electricity I have used at that point. As my daily usage figure is dropping then so is the projected figure.

I hope that by the end of the billing period the final figure will drop to where I envisage it should be.

Cheers mate.

Alanmac
Conductor
0 Replies 237 Views

Hi Deepesh,

Many thanks for your response to my query.

I feel that I may have jumped the gun on this as I notice today that the projected figure is dropping daily. 

It seems that, on the app, it takes my usage and projects what I will consume over the billing period based on how much electricity I have used at that point. As my daily usage figure is dropping then so is the projected figure.

I hope that by the end of the billing period the final figure will drop to where I envisage it should be.

Cheers mate.