GAS METER READING

JenniferCGA
Switched-on
1 Reply 1935 Views

Hi Team, 

I am writing to seek assistance in understanding the gas meter reading and billing process. We have been recording our gas meter reading every day, and I would like clarification on how to convert the meter reading from cubic meters (m3) to gigajoules (GJ). The reason for this inquiry is that we received a bill calculated in gigajoules (GJ).

The gas meter readings for the month were as follows:

• Beginning of the month: 82,226 m3
  • End of the month: 85,780 m3

To determine our gas usage for the month, we performed the calculation: 85,780 m3 - 82,226 m3 = 3,554 m3. However, we would like to convert this figure into gigaliters (GL) to align with the billing unit of gigajoules (GJ).

Could you please provide guidance on how to convert the gas meter reading from cubic meters (m3) to gigaliters (GL)?

The type of gas meter as below  

JenniferCGA_0-1684373735986.png

2 REPLIES 2
-Olgi-
AGL Moderator
1 Reply 1933 Views

Hi @JenniferCGA

Welcome to AGL Neighbourhood!

Generally speaking gas reading from your meter is converted to mj value by multiplying the difference from end and start read by Heating Value and Pressure Factor. As you seem to have high usage threshold, I would refer you to out Business Support team so they can assist best with this. They're available on 1300 793 477, Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 5.30pm AEST. 

Kind Regards,

-Olgi-

JenniferCGA
Switched-on
0 Replies 1930 Views

Thanks Team!