DST and EV Night Saver Plan

H3KT1C
Conductor
2 Replies 2588 Views

Hello, I've just not long signed up the the EV Night Saver Plan and now that we have clicked over to daylight saving time (clocks forward an hour) will I get the 8c/kWh rate at midnight til 6am or 1am - 7am?

I noticed on my smart meter the current time displayed is still an hour behind the DST.

10 REPLIES 10
NeilC
Powerhouse
2 Replies 2365 Views

@H3KT1C 

This is because for reasons unknown, AEMO specifies that time for meters will always be in Eastern Standard Time. I have run my test to check the AGL download file for its time, on the 2nd Oct, and will have to wait a few days to get the result.

To do this, I turn off the power to the house for one hour from 9:55 till 11:05, after AGL releases the download file that includes the 2nd Oct, if the meter reads for that one hour are all 0 then time has been adjusted for DST, if not it will be one hour out.

By the way if you look at your PLAN you should see the times listed for controlled loads. For my plan (in SA) it states:

Controlled Load Off peak charges apply 11:30pm to 6:30am everyday

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 2356 Views

@H3KT1C 

Hi again, just checked and AGL has updated my usage page download file and can confirm that the file that has been supplied to me shows that I turned off the power from 10:00 till 11:00.

The file available to me from SA Power Network also confirms that I turned off the power from 09:30 to 10:30. The times from SAPN are supplied in Eastern Standard Time which is ½ an hour earlier than CDST.

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.
H3KT1C
Conductor
1 Reply 2349 Views

Thanks for doing all this Neil.

I've tried to look for something in regards to the timezone in my plan documents but nothing is listed.

I'm not on a controlled load.

I'll try to contact AGL now and see if I can get some concrete information from them in regards to this.

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 2345 Views

@H3KT1C 

Info below on how to find out your plan info using the APP and the AGL Web Page.

If you use the app make sure you have upgraded to the latest version 8.6.1

Start the APP touch onto Electricity, you will see your Usage Graph.

Scroll down and you will see Past Usage and below that will be View Plan

Touch View Plan

You will see Your Details

The word PLAN is underlined blue, next to that is RATES.

Touch the RATES  and you will see your current rates (GST inclusive)

At the bottom of that screen you will see Find out more

Touch that

Then you are at Information about your current plan

Scroll down to the end of the information and you will see your usage times.

NOT USING THE APP

On the Overview Page you will see View Plan Details just above your account balance.

Select that and you will see Your Energy Plan.

Scroll down to the bottom and you will see your usage times...

Hope this helps

Cheers Neil

H3KT1C
Conductor
0 Replies 2342 Views

Thanks Neil, I found it.

Screenshot_20231003_190308_AGL.jpg

Pasindu
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2130 Views

in our energy contract do they mention what time zone they were billing for us?

Regards

Pasindu

NeilC
Powerhouse
1 Reply 2124 Views

@Pasindu 

Billing times are the current time for your state.

Cheers Neil

Pasindu
Semiconductor
1 Reply 2118 Views

I checked my EV plan that ends at 6.00 am but all the usage from 5.00 am to 6.00 am changes with the rate of peek ( 6.00 am - 10.00 am) . 

I also got the data from SAPN and it shows that my usage 5.00 am to 6.00 am  are correct but it comes to AGL data they take it 6.00 am to 7.00 am 

Pasindu
Semiconductor
0 Replies 2116 Views

when I ask the online support they not sure the time zone that the billing is happened 😞