Slow upload speed - Any suggestion for this issue?

kevinpark
Conductor
11 Replies 12861 Views

To, AGL team
I am writing to express my frustration with the slow internet speed that I have been experiencing for the past few weeks between the hours of 7 pm and 10 pm every day.. As a paying customer of your service, I expect to receive reliable and fast internet connectivity, but unfortunately, this has not been the case.

I am consistently experiencing slow internet speeds, which is affecting my ability to work and perform my daily activities. This issue has caused significant inconvenience, and I would like to request an immediate resolution.

I have tried restarting my modem and router, clearing my browser cache, and checking my connection speed, but none of these steps have resolved the issue. I believe that this issue is on your end, and I request that you take immediate action to fix it. however, all of your consultants from chatroom was terrible, they were keep asking me to do something from my end. chatroom makes me so annoying so I am writing this in the community.

20230425_191340.png

To, All users

Hey guys,

I captured this screenshot between 7pm to 10pm, Does anyone have any ideas about upload speed is less than 1mb? because download speed is okay all the time, but only difference is upload speed. every time if internet is super slow It shows upload speed is 0.22mb something. It's normally more than 15mb when internet is okay. 

In the chatroom, I explained all of these detail, and they just keep asking to reset router and replace the router, but I think that doesn't seem to be the problem, what do you guys think?

Please check below link what TPG had done with same issue

https://community.tpg.com.au/t5/Broadband-Internet/Very-Slow-Upload-speed-NBN-50/td-p/19952/page/3

45 REPLIES 45
Jag1
Conductor
3 Replies 4896 Views

I have the same issue for last three months from the first day of the new connection.

Called multiple time to technical support. Replaced the wifi router once.Change the DNS settings.

Even the speed test is ok time to time all the web pages takes ages to load. FB videos are always buffring.

kevinpark
Conductor
0 Replies 4893 Views

They don't seem to have any intention of fixing this, so I think better to use another provider's service.

kevinpark
Conductor
2 Replies 4892 Views

It's a problem that they deal with this issue like this, but I think it's a bigger problem if they don't know about this issue.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
2 Replies 4877 Views

Hi @kevinpark ,

It sounds like you've already been in touch with customer service about this, so the best course of action would probably be to proceed with their troubleshooting steps. Slow upload speeds could be caused by a number of factors. Even if you don't believe the router to be the issue, resetting or replacing it will help them eliminate it as a possible cause and progress the investigation. Ultimately it may require them to engage NBN to fix a fault.

John-T
Powerhouse
3 Replies 4860 Views

@kevinpark @Jag1 

Just out of curiosity, what connections do you both have.

Fibre to the node

Fibre to the home

Fibre to the curb

Fibre to the building

HFC "hybrid fibre-coaxial" 

WIFI

etc etc

I would really like to know.

Regards

John 

Jjpeet
Conductor
2 Replies 4857 Views

Hi,

I’m having similar issues.  I’m on a 100/20 plan (FTTN), which I’ve had for many years and has works fine.  In the last 5 days, the wheels have fallen off.  My speeds average about 90Mbps, and now that rarely go above 20Mbps, with uploads about 1 or 2Mbps.

I rang AGL on Thursday, and they said everything is fine, but suggested I reset my router. I declined doing this because I didn’t have the time to kill everything until the modem is back online, but today (Saturday) sat down to do that.

The modem reset has meant that the modem now doesn’t work at all…. So I grabbed a spare from a previous ISP, reset it, configured it for AGL, and now it connects.  Problem is I’m experiencing the exact same symptoms.

I track speeds via Speedtest.net every hour via Home Assistant.  As you can see in the graph below, everything started going pair shaped on Anzac Day.  Since then, I’ve isolated the modem, changed the modem, and am experiencing the same issue.

The symptoms are that some websites refuse to load, and sometimes they’re fine, whereas streaming services like STAN etc tends to work ok - but I guess that’s because streaming services maintain large local caches…

If any AGL people are online and can comment that would be appreciated. If not, I understand, I’m thinking of signing up to Aussie Broadband because they have a good reputation for customer support.  I haven’t found AGL particularly useful over my two years of usage…

4A2FBA9B-2968-4D50-A4B7-5B222C98CA33.jpeg

kevinpark
Conductor
0 Replies 4854 Views

Hi John,

the information you requested is so ridiculous because we are not IT guy how can we know the information you mentioned? Is it written on the modem or router? Or shall I ask this information from my friend who has an IT background?

kevinpark
Conductor
3 Replies 4853 Views

I think there are many same issues entirely, agl asked which fibre i am using, do you know what fibre you are using? so funny.

John-T
Powerhouse
1 Reply 4848 Views

Hi @kevinpark 

I am Fibre to the home. Basically the best connection you can have. "so far"

Okay is your internet connected to the phone line ?

Or do you have a black cable that screws onto a wall socket like the old Foxtel.

Regards

John