Upgrade to Fttp

Vinod
Conductor
1 Reply 1515 Views

Hi there,

I called your support line yesterday and was told the fttn service I have now is limited to 45mbps. How can I upgrade this? Can I get fttp to my property? Thanks.

4 REPLIES 4
David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1512 Views

Hi @Vinod ,

Thanks for getting in touch. You can find descriptions of the different connection types here:

The types of connections available to you will depend on the nbn network in your area. To find out whether fttp is available for your address, head to our NBN Plans page and check your address.

Vinod
Conductor
1 Reply 1509 Views

Hi David,

Thanks for the reply. I know of the various connection types and I am looking at the FTTP service which uses fibre instead of copper for the last mile. I upgraded from an FTTN to FTTP a couple of years ago at my previous home and speed potential increased tremendously (up to 250mbps). That was back when I was with TPG.

I looked at the link you shared below and AGL actually offers fibre upgrade on this page. How do I request this? And there is also the NBN's website (https://www.nbnco.com.au/residential/upgrades/more-fibre) where you can type in your address and they will tell you whether fibre is available in you area. In my case they claim nbn full fibre has arrived in my street.

With the way we consume data today i.e. streaming content, working from home and using smart home devices, 50mbps download speed is rather laughable. Let me know if there is anything else I can do on my end. Thanks.

David_AGL
AGL Community Manager
1 Reply 1498 Views

@Vinod , my understanding of that page is that if you're eligible, you'll see the plan listed and when you order the upgraded plan you'll receive the fibre upgrade free of charge, subject to the terms and conditions:

Are you eligible for a fibre upgrade?

To check your eligibility simply enter your address at the top of the page. 

If you’re eligible, we’ll automatically let you know and show you the available fibre upgrade plans.

Upgrading from FTTN to FTTP
If your address is eligible for an upgrade, you’ll need to order a Home Fast plan or higher and remain on this plan for a minimum of 12 months. If your nbn is cancelled or you switch to a plan below Home Fast within 12 months, you’ll be charged $220 (incl. GST) cancellation/downgrade fee. Read full terms

So you should see Home Fast or higher plans listed when you enter your address, and ordering one of those would include the fibre upgrade free of charge, as long as you stay above a certain plan speed and don’t cancel your nbn connection within 12 months. 

Which plan are you on currently, and which do you see available when you enter your address?

I believe to swap your plan over, you'd just need to contact support

Vinod
Conductor
0 Replies 1441 Views

Hi there,

I typed my address in Aussie Broadband website and this is what I see. For lack of a better option, I am thinking of joining Aussie Broadband instead.

Untitled.png