significant difference between fornius inverter reading and AGl appl reading of solar feed

Adrian2021
Conductor
1 Reply 3005 Views

Hi All

I have installed a 9.9kw solar system. As per the fronius inverter readings i get around 40-50 kw/hs per day(sunny days), very happy. But now that i have been connected to the grid to sell, as per the AGL app, i am only selling 11 kw for the past 2 days, that is 21 & 22 September 2020.

Now on these 2 days there was no one at home from 7.30am to 6pm, assuming the house alliances used say 5-7kw), and as per the fronius inverter(installed in August 2020) produced 50kw/hs.

I am left wondering where did the rest of the solar energy go? why didnt more get sold to the grid, knowing that 50kw/h was produced on that sunny day.( i have been monitoring the solar produced readings on the fronius appl for over a month now and i  can see that the pattern of produciton on good sunny days is quite consistent etc).

I am left confused as to what the issue is now. The current agl app shows 11 kw sold to the grid, so whats the point of having a 9.9kw system producing around 50kw/h on a sunny day, and no one home to use, and even if 10kw/h is used in the day. you are still left with 40kw to sell but you end up selling only 11kw,

Can someone help me out. I am thinking that the feed to the grid should be higher than 11kw, could there be some issues here.

After investing $6,000, in august 2020, and only to see 11kw sold to grid on 21/9/20 and 22/9/20 each, is frustrating.

1 REPLY 1
NeilC
Powerhouse
0 Replies 2995 Views

Do a manual read of your meters and see what you are consuming and what you are putting to the grid.

Track it over a few days best time to read your meters is just on Sunset each day.

AGL take two days to update your web page with "current data"

Cheers Neil

If this comment solves your issue please solve the post, if you like this comment please take the opportunity to click the Like button below.