General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

newspaper article

Switched-on

Hi. In the Sunday Telegraph June 30, 2019 was an article about Glenbawn's broken water pump & AGL's refusal to fix it to help farmers through the drought because AGL said the pump was already broken when it bought the power stations. While both AGL & the government engaged in buck passing to avoid the responsibility, I had to ask the question. If AGL had just gone ahead & fixed it at their own expense, they would look like heroes to both the farmers & the general public, & the Government like unsympathetic skinflints, so why would AGL ignore such an opportunity to advertise itself as a benevolent, caring corporation among the other energy companies who also put  pursuit of the dollar in front of human suffering? I was offended by this lack of empathy for drought stricken farmers by AGL & would like a response from the executives who made this decision & eroded my confidence in AGL as a provider that genuinely cares about its consumers.