General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted
Visitor

confirmation of digital meter opt out

How do I get a letter/email confirmation from AGL that they will ot install a digital/smart meter as I have opted out of having one installed.

I do not want a digital/smart meter installed and want a confirmation from AGL that they acknowledge and honour my instructions about NOT installing a digital/smart meter?

2 REPLIES

Re: confirmation of digital meter opt out

Hey PeteM,

Welcome to the Community!

Assuming you've already contacted our Digital Metering team on 1300 669 245 to opt out of your upgrade, you can send an email through to digitalmetering@agl.com.au to request written confirmation of your opt out!

Cheers,

Jayden.

Insider

Re: confirmation of digital meter opt out

Morning PeteM,

There are pluses and minuses on the subject of digital meters. A lot may also be dependant on which state your in also. When they installed mine I was tickled pink as it had lots of goodies in the form of AGL to better monitor my usage. The problem was though, I was locked to AGL forever as despite all what was said to me about other retailers being able to read my data electronically for billing etc. it turned out no one could, so, as I am in SA only SAPN can actually read my meter, but not an AGL one, just their normal one.

By then I had signed up with Simply Energy who will only get a manual read from SAPN. Long story short, AGL organised for SAPN to put in a new non digital which they did. Then, I had heard about the AGL VPP but to sign up for it I had to have an AGL digital meter. 

I did sign up for the VPP, had a digatal meter installed, again, and had the VPP installed at the same time and have never looked back as it was the best thing I had done.

Just thought you might be interested in my thoughts as one day we will all have a digital meter, at least with AGL it's free.

Rob

Please remember I am just like you - a customer. If my post has helped, you can click the 'LIKE' button to show your appreciation.
Recently Solved