General

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Want to discuss something that doesn't fit in the other areas? This is the place.

Highlighted

Switched off my power for no reason.

Switched-on

My power was switched off today for no reason, AGL admitted they made a mistake & my power should never of been switched off. Because I am paraplegic & require electricity for medical reasons it was flagged as an urgent priority 1 for reconnection. Power was not restored for over 13 hours, I believe that for an urgent priority 1 this is ridiculous. Urgent priority 1 should of been within the hour. I am now seeking compensation, leaving a paraplegic sitting alone in the dark unable to move is deplorable. Power should of been restored immediately, If over 13 hours is urgent priority 1 I would hate to see non priority connection times! Am I entitled to compensation?

1 REPLY 1
Highlighted

Re: Switched off my power for no reason.

AGL Moderator

Hi paulinej,

Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention.

I'd like to preface this response with an apology, as the position we've left you in is simply not good enough. If an AGL error has lead to this incident, then you are likely eligible for monetary compensation as a result of all of experience which is a form-based process. I've arranged for some information to be emailed to you, and we're keen to hear back from you to see what else we can do to help!

Kind regards,

Jayden

If I’ve helped in anyway, please mark my post as SOLVED!

This helps our Community know the answer to common questions.